Icons Gaming
LOGIN/REGISTER

Default Scuf and Xbox One

I'm not sure if there is any information regarding the Xbox One being compatible with Xbox 360 controllers but on the basis that IF there is no backwards compatibility with controllers that means Scufs would not work on Xbox One until they make one for the Xbox One. Even if they do make a Scuf for Xbox One, the prices would probably be very high because controller prices are always high when consoles first get released. It won't make a difference in gameplay for CoD: Ghosts because it will be on both consoles to my knowledge but the CoD after that will most likely be next gen only. At least there will be less people jump shotting because of a controller and blatantly advertising they have a scuf. Although I think they would have custom button mapping in Ghosts.
    Last edited by ANewPoster; 05-21-2013 at 04:01 PM.

If you don't have a Scuf, at this moment, I don't suggest buying one, until Xbox One actually is released. Nothing against Scuf, but I would predict that Xbox and Scuf won't partner up. :P Just my opinion. Best of luck to you.

Current scufs do not work for the xbox one. Also they aren't backwards compatible. Such a joke. Money grubbing.

YouTube Development Director

Scuf owners just got bit in the ass.
    I am the techie.

These opinions are my own and do not reflect the positions of 360icons.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrodox View Post
    Scuf owners just got bit in the ass.
    Not only that, but people who want to play older games as well. Ridiculous.

That must explain why SCUF was sponsoring tons of gamers to push their product hard for the past 6-12 months...Geez

Former Co-Owner

Quote Originally Posted by SticKWorks99 View Post
    That must explain why SCUF was sponsoring tons of gamers to push their product hard for the past 6-12 months...Geez
    They've been doing that for sales in general, not because they had any inside information about backwards compatibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Phresh View Post
    Not only that, but people who want to play older games as well. Ridiculous.
    and that my friend is why you keep your 360.

Tournament Director

We will all move on from the 360 games eventually. We did it coming from the first Xbox. Like always, just keep the system if you want to play games on it still. I don't really see it as a big deal.

I Post @ School!

Do you not think they deserve it?

This is great news for competitive gaming, bought time they take the training wheels away. Get back to a level playing field, now hopefully we'll see who has the best shot in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by NewCPucktz View Post
    This is great news for competitive gaming, bought time they take the training wheels away. Get back to a level playing field, now hopefully we'll see who has the best shot in the game.
    Going back to the drop shot? Or how about the lean shot? lol

Quote Originally Posted by NewCPucktz View Post
    Don't think Scuf won't have a controller ready by Christmas or at the very latest the beginning of the new year. They know that every single CoD gamer who has a Scuf will want the new one and will automatically buy the new one. I can't think that developing a new Scuf would be all that hard. Especially since they know so much about the 360 controller now and how easy it will be to figure out the new one. Since Scuf is an actual company now and not just a couple of guys modding shit they'll be on top once again I bet right around Christmas time for the holiday rush.

So I say people who hate Scufs will get about 60 days worth of non Scuf use and then shit will go right back to the way it is now. Which in the competitive world isn't that big of a deal anyway since none of the real events happen after Christmas anyway.

Also with the demand for the new console being so high I guarantee a lot of people will be playing Ghosts on the 360 for quite some time, or at least until the supply meets the demand which is usually around February and by then I'm sure Scuf will have figured it out.

Xbox will not partner with scuff in my opinion. Apparently, kids are also obvious to the fact the controller has been redesigned and upgraded immensely. could sit parallel with the 360 Scuf no one really knows the exact improvements implemented.

I Post @ School!

If scufs are made illegal there would be a much wider skillgap.

Who's this noob?

Quote Originally Posted by iTzii View Post
    If scufs are made illegal there would be a much wider skillgap.
    So much this its unbelievable.

Who's this noob?

Not only will you not be able to use scufs or any other controller of the such, you wont be able to use your Astro/Turtle Beaches/Tritton/etc headsets either. Unless of course they make some sort of adapter.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...aming-headsets

Eat, Sleep, Forums

I won't look too much into it. If you plan on playing it competitively I doubt MLG will pick up Ghosts on One over 360. They will keep using X360

Quote Originally Posted by I iLL SkilL I View Post
    I won't look too much into it. If you plan on playing it competitively I doubt MLG will pick up Ghosts on One over 360. They will keep using X360
    I fear that. I know it usually takes people a year or two to fully switch over to the new console but I hope MLG uses the One instead of the 360, even though they probably won't.
    Call me D, I Gave The D (aka irMaddDogg, Yottaby7e, Leeroy and elementdelta59)
    YouTube | Twitter | TwitchTV | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram |Carnage Gaming™
    "Those boys over at Google, let’s see if they still want to run the business in two or three years." - Bill Gates in 2003

Who's this noob?

that´s why claw>scuf

Quote Originally Posted by I iLL SkilL I View Post
    But from a business stand point wouldn't that be counter productive? Hear me out, if Activision is using Ghosts as essentially a launch title for the XBOX One wouldn't be in their best interest to partner up with MLG using Ghosts that plays on XBOX One? I'm not disagreeing with you, I actually think it would be better to play Ghosts on the 360 simply because there isn't that supply vs. demand issue that occurs for every new console.

Are you guys scared that you might actually have to be skillful on a normal stock controller? Like esports has been doing for years before Scuf came along? Sounds terrible.
    Btw The 2014 cod champs will be on Xbox One. I'm calling it!
    Last edited by Wonka; 06-24-2013 at 07:13 AM.
    -Wonka

Quote Originally Posted by Wonka View Post
    Are you guys scared that you might actually have to be skillful on a normal stock controller? Like esports has been doing for years before Scuf came along? Sounds terrible.
    Calling what? It's already been confirmed by Activision and Microsoft that Call of Duty Championships will be with the XBOX One for the next 3 years. Sounds like you're a little late to the party. Also Scuf will announce their new lineup of Scuf controllers for the XBOX One in the next few months, not to mention it's all but guaranteed that Scuf will create an XBOX One Scuf by Christmas time. 90% of the community will NOT have an XBOX One by then and most players will be playing on the 360 until around February. By then when supply finally meets demand everyone that switches to the XBOX One will be able to purchase a Scuf for it.

I don't use one but this clear hatred for a controller that actually allows for more possibilities is a fucking joke. I think it's funny cause most people who bitch about the Scuf are to poor to purchase one.

Also how the fuck does a Scuf improve your shot? LOLOLOL Aiming is aiming.

Who's this noob?

Quote Originally Posted by HeRoiiN View Post
    Calling what? It's already been confirmed by Activision and Microsoft that Call of Duty Championships will be with the XBOX One for the next 3 years. Sounds like you're a little late to the party. Also Scuf will announce their new lineup of Scuf controllers for the XBOX One in the next few months, not to mention it's all but guaranteed that Scuf will create an XBOX One Scuf by Christmas time. 90% of the community will NOT have an XBOX One by then and most players will be playing on the 360 until around February. By then when supply finally meets demand everyone that switches to the XBOX One will be able to purchase a Scuf for it.

I don't use one but this clear hatred for a controller that actually allows for more possibilities is a fucking joke. I think it's funny cause most people who bitch about the Scuf are to poor to purchase one.

You KNOW they have someone on staff that is good with PCB mapping, shit RDC over at the XBox-Scene forums, usually maps the PCB for trigger points and such within a week of XBox implementing a new board into the controller. You're 100% right, they'll have a line of XBox One Scufs by Christmas/New Year easy. Their biggest "challenge" will simply be exploring the interior of the controller to decide where/how they want to place triggers, paddles, etc.

As far as most people who bitch being too poor to buy one, I didn't fall into that category I fell into the "I'm a cheap ass category" and with a little of looking on the interwebs, $2 piece of lexan, and grabbing some screws from my work. I made my own, with paddles and trigger stops. Sure, it takes some know how to use some tools like a dremel, taps, soldering iron, etc. But it's really at the end of the day.

Tournament Director

Quote Originally Posted by Wonka View Post
    I don't have a Scuf myself, but the fact that thousands upon thousands of controllers that were bought are going to become completely useless on the new Xbox is a pretty big deal. Not only is it the Scufs we're talking about, but this is the same for headsets like Astro.

I really hope that Scufs are not compatible with the XBOX one. Although, if the xbox one truly does have custom button mapping then scufs wouldn't make a huge difference

Who's this noob?

Scuf will make a new product, but the current scufs will not be compatible.
    ----------
    IcoNs Hazard
    news.360icons.com
    @iCn_Hazard

2001 CPL World Championship 2nd place
    2002 CPL Unreal 3 World Championship 3rd place
    2004 WCG World Champion BF2

Who's this noob?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    I don't have a Scuf myself, but the fact that thousands upon thousands of controllers that were bought are going to become completely useless on the new Xbox is a pretty big deal. Not only is it the Scufs we're talking about, but this is the same for headsets like Astro.
    Astros and other headsets don't process data. They'll just need a new mixamp
    ----------
    IcoNs Hazard
    news.360icons.com
    @iCn_Hazard

2001 CPL World Championship 2nd place
    2002 CPL Unreal 3 World Championship 3rd place
    2004 WCG World Champion BF2

Tournament Director

Quote Originally Posted by iCn Hazard View Post
    Astros and other headsets don't process data. They'll just need a new mixamp
    Which, in turn, makes the current headsets, useless.

Activision partnering with MLG? What?
    Dat signature

Thank god I only got a $70 pair of Turtle Beaches and still use my 5 year old White Stock Xbox Controller Ima wait for the One to come out to start throwing down my money on equipment.

Who's this noob?

Scuf ruined the game for the actual shooters. Very dissapointed with black ops 2 I still play frequently but just the fact that someone would buy a controller to be good is a shame.

Who's this noob?

Quote Originally Posted by ANewPoster View Post
    At least there will be less people jump shotting because of a controller and blatantly advertising they have a scuf.
    But theres no way of telling tbh, its just as easy to jumpshot with claw as it is with a scuf

On my way!

Quote Originally Posted by HeRoiiN View Post

Well said sir. Not to mention kids on here bitch about a Scuf because they are too lazy to learn claw. Play claw, learn how to use your trigger finger, and if you dont have one work on it. After that, you dont even need a scuf because you can do the exact same with a stock controller. THE EXACT SAME!!!!

Not true I spoke with "Astro" and they stated this to be false. They will be fully compatable 2013s

Quote Originally Posted by Jenovah View Post
    Not true I spoke with "Astro" and they stated this to be false. They will be fully compatable 2013s
    this thread is from 4 months ago....

Thread Information